Ready to change your life via functional fitness? Visit our “Getting Started” page to find out how to join our community centered around fun, friends and fitness!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is a fitness methodology that has the power to change your life.
It has all the benefits of personal training, but is more fun and impactful because of the upbeat, inspiring community of people of all ages and fitness levels.
The CrossFit methodology is founded in functional fitness, so it has the potential to improve every facet of your life. CrossFit is defined as constantly varied, functional movement performed at high intensity. It might sound intimidating, but it’s friendly to all fitness levels, even if you’ve been out of the workout game for a while. You’ll quickly notice a difference in your everyday life, be it strength, balance, flexibility, body composition or even good news at the doctor’s office. There isn’t a facet of your life CrossFit can’t improve.
What if I’m not sure CrossFit is for me?
CrossFit is founded in functional movement (movements used in everyday life), so it can be infinitely scaled for all ages, fitness, and skill levels. We invite you to come find out for yourself – observe a class or even better, take us up on our offer to have your first three classes for free. The first class is an orientation session that ends with your first workout. After orientation is complete, you get two free CrossFit classes. Then you can decide if CrossFit is for you.
Don’t you have to be fit to CrossFit?
CrossFit was designed as an “inclusive” fitness. Because it is built on functional fitness (meaning, movements that we do every day, like squat, hinge, press and pull) it is infinitely scalable to meet you where you are in your health journey.
You do, however, need clearance from a doctor who understands CrossFit. Our first and foremost priority is keeping everyone safe.
Do you only have CrossFit classes?
Yes. CrossFit class and the building of community is at the heart of everything we do. We are not a typical gym that is open for individual workouts. Down the road, if there is interest we might designate some “Open Gym” times each week for members to makeup workouts they missed, practice skills or do strength accessory work, but those will come at a later date if there is interest.
Why does CrossFit cost more than a typical gym membership?
Because of its value. The community makes it fun and that leads to consistency, which leads to results.
- You get the attention of a coach, learn to move safely and effectively at a speed comfortable to you, but at the fraction of the cost of personal training.
- Group classes are small so you get personalized attention. Working out with other people makes it fun and effective. We tend to push ourselves a bit more and we stay accountable to coming back.
- We’re a gym membership you invest in and use. Most gyms want you to pay a small membership fee and not show up. We’re here to get results, to get you healthy and strong. We’ll check in when we don’t see you. Your fit family will too.
- It’s the best hour of your day vs. something you dread.
- It’s a proven methodology of functional fitness combining weightlifting, bodyweight movement and cardio, its varied each day so you’ll never be bored.
- We’ll help you focus on YOUR goals and be a partner in achieving what you want to.
What does a typical 1-hour CrossFit class look like?
- White board briefing – a quick review of what we’ll do that day
- Warm up and stretching
- Skill or strength development
- WOD (workout of the day)
- Cool down and clean up